I have worked with Hair Cuttery as a Brand Ambassador for a while now, and I really love sharing their campaigns that are helping the communities we all live in. It is obvious that Hair Cuttery is so much more than just a place to grab a cheap hair cut. In addition to great stylists, convenient locations, services and prices, they have amazing haircare products, now available for purchase in all Hair Cuttery salons, which I am so excited to share with you.
A few weeks back, I received a bunch of items from their salon-exclusive haircare brand, Cibu, and as a mom (like you), who is always searching for the latest and greatest hair care products that are cost effective and actually work, I was eager to try them. Here is what I received:
Perfected by 10,000 stylists and inspired by nature, Cibu is a high performance professional haircare and styling line with color-safe formulas, offering affordable luxury for every hair type.
My hair is a bit wavy and not difficult to straighten, but as soon as I walk out the door, it’s frizzy, especially since I live in Florida and am surrounded by humidity. I use many products that claim to be “superhairos” (my kids tell me not to quit my day job), but have failed me so I was eager to try the Cibu line.
First I used the Cibu Smooth Shampoo, which sounded perfect, since my hair is not naturally smooth, especially since I color it, abuse my hair straightener and rarely cut my hair. The wesbsite shares the following details:
- Color safe, sulfate free formula gently cleanses and smooths all hair types (Sounds great)
- Moisturizes and smoothes hair for increased manageability and frizz control (Yes, please)
- Argan oil nourishes (Perfect)
What I noticed at first is the shampoo’s consistency is similar to a conditioner, which I had never experienced before with any other product I tried, and I have tried a lot. (If I could try every shampoo and conditioner on the market I would.) It took a nice amount for my hair to get sudsy but when it did, it felt smooth (makes sense, since that is the name of the shampoo), almost as if I had mixed in a little conditioner along with the shampoo. I hate when you use a shampoo and before your conditioner goes on, your hair feels like straw. Not the case here.
Next I used the conditioner and when I was done, my hair felt healthy and silky. I have tried very expensive shampoos and conditioners and when I attempted to comb my hair after getting out of the shower, it was knotty and unmanageable, which was disappointing. I am happy to report I found the opposite true in this scenario.
Even though my hair felt pretty darn good from just the shampoo and conditioner, I wanted to use more of the products I had received, so sprayed a bit of the Cibu Knot so Knotty, which was AWESOME! I am going to go ahead and say it is the best detangler I have ever used. The reason is the formula is super light, not greasy and actually works. In fact, when doing some research for this article, I discovered that the Cibu Knot so Knotty was actually voted best best leave in detangler for thick, straight hair by Harpers Bazaar. You have probably seen many of their products in other magazines, like Marie Claire and Dr. Oz the Good Life. I definitely recommend this product to all you moms out there! Here are more reasons, according to the Hair Cuttery website to buy this product:
- Lightweight leave in detangler ideal for all hair types. Fine hair can use as conditioner. Excellent for kids’ post bath-time comb outs (I actually used this for my kids and it worked great and was super gentle)
- Hydrolyzed keratin strengthens hair (Win)
- Hydrolyzed silk and soy proteins retain moisture, add shine and slip (My hair is dull so it needs that shine)
- Vitamin B5 stimulates and soothes the hair cuticle (I am growing my hair long so win, win)
- Rhatany root extract helps protect hair color and chemical processes from UV rays (Again, I live in Florida, so protecting my hair is key)
Next I put in a few pumps of the Cibu Frizzfix Straightening Balm, as I was planning on blowing my hair straight, hoping the end result would be lustrous locks. It did not disappoint. My hair felt fresh and looked healthy, which isn’t always the case, considering what I put it through. Here is what the website says about the product:
- Thermal protector locks out humidity (Perfect for me, here in Florida)
- Eliminates frizz (HUGE)
- Creates straight, sleek styles (What mom doesn’t want to look sleek?)
- Protects hair from heat styling (My hair is thanking this product)
- Keratin strengthens hair (My damaged hair definitely needs some strengthing)
- Silk protein leaves hair smooth and silky (Like you just stepped out of a salon)
- Ideal for medium – coarse hair types (It worked well on mine)
I did not use the last product I received, the Cibu Ancient Serum Argain Oil Treatment, in this instance, because I didn’t want to overdo it and I wanted to see what each product did to my hair individually. However, I loved the fact that the Serum is not just for hair, but for the body too. My winter skin is so dry and this product is amazing, especially after shaving. It is so silky, yet does not feel oily on your skin after application. I have a product similar to this in my bathroom cabinet, but when I use it on my skin, I look like I am ready for a body building contest and if I put it in my hair, look like I could make salad dressing.
On another occasion, I did use the serum on my dry hair to give it a bit more shine and it did the trick. You can also use it on wet hair as well. My hair was not greasy and didn’t look oily and well, gross. This is what the website says about the serum:
- Argan oil adds shine and nourishes hair and skin (Yes it does!)
- Eliminates frizz (Woo hoo!)
- Ultra-fine, lightweight formula (Did not make my hair feel flat and heavy)
- Ideal for all hair types (Great news)
- Use on hair and skin (Love when I can get two products for the price of one)
- Regular use improves hair health and manageability (Good to know…very cool)
The first time I used the Cibu product line, a friend of mine said to me, “Your hair looks really good and healthy today”. I told her all about the new products and she said she could definitely see a change in my hair, which is awesome! Clearly, these products work. I have been using them now for weeks and am really happy with the results.
As a mom like you, I don’t have a lot of time to do my hair so when I can actually style it, I want it to look its best, while keeping the cost down and making it easy. Knowing Hair Cuttery is making products that actually work AND won’t break the bank, is HUGE! As they say on their website, “clients don’t want to spend a fortune to feel luxurious”. Ain’t that the truth!
All of the products I mentioned and the rest of the Cibu haircare line are now available at your local Hair Cuttery. There are nearly 900 locations, so finding one close by should not be difficult. You can also find them online at www.cibuforhair.com.
I love watching videos of hair demonstrations and tips on YouTube and Cibu now has their own channel, so check it out!
*This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.